COVID-19 – Delta Variant – Enhanced Disinfecting Program
Provost Cleaning in Minneapolis, MN – St. Paul, MN – Surrounding Metro Areas
Provost Building Services will design a detailed COVID-19 – Delta Variant Enhanced Disinfecting Program for your facility.
Your custom COVID-19 – Delta Variant Enhanced Disinfecting Program will be determined by the following factors:
- How your building is occupied
- High touchpoint disinfecting of light switches, door handles, fridge handles, desk tops, keyboards/mouse, drinking fountain handles, elevator buttons, hand railings, vending machine buttons, upholstered/hard back office chairs, lobby furniture and more.
- We can add cleaning days to the routine.
Cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces should be done at least once a day, when visibly dirty, and as often as determined is necessary in occupied spaces. High touch surfaces can include tables, handrails, faucets, doorknobs, light switches, kitchen appliances, drinking fountains, and shared equipment and computer workstations (e.g., monitors, keyboards, mouse). The recommended frequency of routine cleaning and disinfection is determined by considering the COVID-19 transmission rate in the community, the number of users of a space, and whether users of a space are adhering to other COVID-19 prevention measures (e.g., use of face coverings, physical distancing, hand hygiene, vaccination status).
Cleaning removes most germs, as well as dirt and debris from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically degrade and remove most germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill all germs, but it significantly lowers their numbers on surfaces and the risk of spreading infection. The outer membrane of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can be physically degraded by surfactants contained in all EPA-approved cleaning agents.
Disinfecting kills (or inactivates) germs on surfaces or objects. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill or inactivate germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing remaining germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Guidelines for cleaning and disinfection for positive COVID-19 Individual:
1. If less than 24 hours have passed since the COVID-19 positive individual has been in the space, clean and disinfect the space if it has not already been cleaned and disinfected since the individual was last in the space.
2, If more than 24 hours have passed since the COVID-19 positive individual has been in the space, cleaning of surfaces is sufficient if the space has not already been cleaned since the individual was last in the space.
3. If more than 3 days have passed since the COVID-19 positive individual has been in the space, no additional cleaning (beyond regular cleaning practices) is needed.
4. Maximize fresh air ventilation of the space as possible by opening doors and windows, using fans, or adjusting HVAC settings.
5. If possible (e.g., space does not need to be used again immediately), initiate cleaning 24 hours after a COVID-19 positive individual has been in a space.
6. If it is not possible to wait 24 hours prior to entering the space where a COVID-19 positive individual has been present: The custodial/cleaning crew are required to wear increased respiratory protection while disinfecting and/or cleaning: N95 filtering face piece respirator, elastomeric half-face air purifying respirator with particulate filters, or a powered air-purifying respirator with particulate filters.
We are looking forward to a bright and clean future
The biggest lesson we have learned at Provost Building Services is each year we need to keep our standards high and work hard every day. We are thankful to partner up with commercial business owners in Minneapolis, MN – St. Paul, MN – and surrounding Metro area.
We are stronger than ever as a business and we want to shine with your business.
You can trust Provost Cleaning with all your commercial cleaning needs around the building. We customize contract and create a partnership with your business based on your own needs. Customizing your services, hours and tasks you can come into the office worry-free each week.